- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with patties and mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
"easy and goes together quickly. I thought it was a little bland, so I added a little more Worcestershire and salt and pepper. Will make it again."
"Very tasty! I added my burgers back in to the gravy and let simmer about 15 minutes. Gravy was great over mashed potatoes!"
"I just made this recipe for dinner tonight, and we loved it! I did taste the gravy near the end of cooking, and added seasoned salt since it was a little bland. My husband said that the hamburger steaks were very tender. We will make this again!"
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!"
"Will make this again. I used sliced fresh mushrooms and a little salt.."
"Double the gravy - Yum!"
"easy peasy dish to make in no time at all, with ingredients I always have on hand. It is a nice 'comfort food' dish as well, so I'm sure I'll make it with some regularity through winter!"
"Made it exactly per the recipe. It was easy to make, but only 'ok' for flavor."
"Delicious! Love the flavor! Used about 1.25 lbs. of ground beef and cut the whole mushroom pieces in halves. Served over my homemade mashed potatoes and even my very picky son loved it! Will definitely make this a family favorite!"