Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with patties and mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy(24)
Sort By :
Easy peasy dish to make in no time at all, with ingredients I always have on hand. It is a nice 'comfort food' dish as well, so I'm sure I'll make it with some regularity through winter!
Made it exactly per the recipe. It was easy to make, but only 'ok' for flavor.
Delicious! Love the flavor! Used about 1.25 lbs. of ground beef and cut the whole mushroom pieces in halves. Served over my homemade mashed potatoes and even my very picky son loved it! Will definitely make this a family favorite!
Great recipe for midweek meal. I also used fresh mushrooms and served the meal over noodles. Have also served with mashed potatoes as suggested.
This was delicious!! It's definitely a keeper!!! I used a couple of the suggestions to use 1 1/2 lbs of hamburger instead of 1; I used fresh mini bella mushrooms, sliced onion rings and a large jar of Heinz Savory Beef gravy. While the hamburger patty's were cooking, I saute'd the onions and mushrooms in two tablespoons of butter and the rest of the Lipton dry onion soup mix. I served it over mashed potatoes and it was a huge hit! My family agreed we need to add it to the recipe box! :)
Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >