Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Combine the flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with patties and mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 patty with 1/3 cup gravy (calculated without mashed potatoes) equals 325 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.