- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with patties and mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Sort By :
"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!"
"Will make this again. I used sliced fresh mushrooms and a little salt.."
"Double the gravy - Yum!"
"this was the first time I made this recipe and it will go into my recipe box! I also would use fresh mushrooms next time. I used the entire package of soup in the meat and used more than half of a package of soup for the gravy. This was awesome and will make this again."
"Easy peasy dish to make in no time at all, with ingredients I always have on hand. It is a nice 'comfort food' dish as well, so I'm sure I'll make it with some regularity through winter!"