Hamburger Spanish Rice
Hamburger Spanish Rice is a favorite busy-day dish for Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "Even though we're retired, I often work on crafts or paint right up to mealtime," reports Bernice.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, green pepper and rice.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.