Hamburger Spanish Rice is a favorite busy-day dish for Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri. "Even though we're retired, I often work on crafts or paint right up to mealtime," reports Bernice.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, green pepper and rice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Spanish Rice in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p13
Reviews for Hamburger Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review