- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, green pepper and rice. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Spanish Rice
Sort By :
"This is identical to my Mother's recipe for Spanish Rice I have been served since a child. The only difference is the elimination of the Worcestershire. She also served it with an ample amount of parmesan cheese. The topping is a delicious compliment to the rich, tomato flavor!"
"This is a fantastic recipe. Using a whole green pepper is definitely the way to go. I omit the sugar and salt and add a couple of drops of sriracha for a little bit of heat and flavor."
"Super delicious & filling! However, next time, I will add a whole green pepper & a can of diced tomatoes for more flavor."
"Easy filling dinner"
"My husband loved it. Simple and easy to make. Just add a side of tortilla chips and you got a meal!"