Hamburger Skillet Supper
When time is tight, this one-dish wonder from Donna Gardner is a surefire way to beat the clock. "I created this recipe while looking for a new stovetop meal," pens the Ottunwa, Iowa reader. "You can easily double the ingredients for a larger group."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- In a skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add noodles with
- contents of seasoning packet and water. Bring to a boil; cook for 3
- minutes or until noodles are tender. Add the vegetables and cook
- until tender, about 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef) equals 342 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.