Hamburger Shepherd's Pie Recipe
Transform leftovers into a light but filling one-dish meal sized for two. Elaine Williams of Surrey, British Columbia shows you how with this simple and scrumptious recipe.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with milk)
- Dash paprika
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 pie equals 330 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 927 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC