Transform leftovers into a light but filling one-dish meal sized for two. Elaine Williams of Surrey, British Columbia shows you how with this simple and scrumptious recipe.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with milk)
- Dash paprika
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Shepherd's Pie in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p63
Reviews for Hamburger Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2014
"My family loved this recipe! Thanks for sharing."
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2011
"Great taste, but husband thought it could use a little salt added. I used 1/2 c. of corn and green beans. Enough for us for 2 meals."