Transform leftovers into a light but filling one-dish meal sized for two. Elaine Williams of Surrey, British Columbia shows you how with this simple and scrumptious recipe.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with milk)
- Dash paprika
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Shepherd's Pie in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p63
Reviews for Hamburger Shepherd's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2014
"My family loved this recipe! Thanks for sharing."
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2011
"Great taste, but husband thought it could use a little salt added. I used 1/2 c. of corn and green beans. Enough for us for 2 meals."