Hamburger Salad Sandwiches
"My mother used to fix these hearty sandwiches for family birthdays," says Joyce Boriack of Georgetown, Texas.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool. Add the next six
- ingredients. Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each bun; top with lettuce.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.