Hamburger Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 14 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomatoes, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, salt, brown sugar, celery salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 20 servings (5 quarts).
Reviews for Hamburger Rice Soup(2)
Sort By :
The recipe calls for 14 cups of water. If I had used that much water, the soup would be incredibly bland. I assumed it was maybe 4 cups of water and got an average soup. I used fire roasted tomatoes, which made my taste buds ask for more kick, so I added cumin and chili powder. Then I added some garlic powder. Fantastic! I'm going to serve it with fresh cilantro and chopped green onions with Peppy Cheese Bread from this site. (Oh, and I used 1.5 lbs of ground chicken.) Now that "my" stew is good, it was hard for me to rate the actual recipe.
Not much flavor.