Suzanne Dolata from Ripon, Wisconsin uses onion soup mix to mildy flavor this kid-pleasing blend of ground beef, instant rice and fresh vegetables. "It's good as a main meal or a side dish," she suggests.
Recommended: 20 Cheeseburger-Inspired Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, carrots, celery and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil. Add rice; cover. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Rice Skillet in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p20
Reviews for Hamburger Rice Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review