I'm a retired postmaster in our small farming town. I enjoy cooking, square dancing and doing volunteer work. This cheesy quiche is a recipe I pull out and enjoy often.Reta Ford, Chillicothe, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour,
- seasonings, milk, eggs and cheese. Transfer to pastry shell. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 476 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.