- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, seasonings, milk, eggs and cheese. Transfer to pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Quiche in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p185
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Hamburger Quick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2012
My family loves this quiche! It is also very easy to prepare.
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
Very good and Very easy to make. Really tasted like a cheeseburger. Thank you for the idea! I love it!