Hamburger Pie Recipe
This meat pie's filling almost tastes like sloppy joes, which pairs well with the golden biscuit crust. For extra bulk, add 1 cup cooked rice to the beef mixture.—Rosemarie Hauser, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well and set aside. In another bowl, toss baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Line ungreased pie plate with pastry. Fill with meat mixture; trim and flute edges. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 268 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Hamburger Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC