Hamburger Noodle Bake Recipe
I first started making this in the 1950's when I needed to feed many mouths on a budget. My husband and I are empty nesters now and I've had a hard time cutting back on serving sizes. It's a good thing my husband likes leftovers.—Alice Marie Caldera, Tuolumne, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt, chili powder and pepper.
- 2. Place macaroni in a greased 4-qt. baking dish; top with mixed vegetables and beef mixture. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC