Hamburger Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt, chili powder and pepper.
- 2. Place macaroni in a greased 4-qt. baking dish; top with mixed vegetables and beef mixture. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Hamburger Noodle Bake
"Great comfort food - definately will make again. I didn't have the mixed vegetables so I had to substitute a can of healthy Request vegetable beef soup. I decreased the water to 1 cup. After dinner the reviews were good - My husband ate 2 FULL plates and the kids ate more than the "try it amount". My husband mentioned it tasted tomatoey - I will probably keep the canned vegetable beef soup and add a jar of spaghetti sauce and omit the water altogether. I will also up the Velveeta cheese to 8 ounces. Overall I thought it was great!"
"It was delicious. Will bake on stove top next time."
"My mother use to make a very similar recipe. It is a good, hearty meal and has always been a favorite with my sisters and I."