- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, soup, cheese, water and chili sauce. Transfer to two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casseroles. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Hamburger Noodle Bake(7)
Sort By :
A hit for the whole family.
Wow:) This is the exact recipe that was in my Mom's Better Home and Garden Casserole recipe book I bought her with my reading tokens at a local book fair at my elementery school. How nice to find the recipe again! I haven't had this for dinner in over 30 years. It was one of our favorites
I'm one of those cooks who starts with a recipe and changes things. My husband won't eat chili sauce so I used tomato sauce instead. I added mushrooms, peas and carrots and extra cheese. Also used french-fried onions on top. Started with half recipe but with added stuff ended up in a 9x13" pan!
This casserole is great, my family is always asking me to make it, they just love it. And its so easy to make.
It was great. I doubled it and put one in the freezer for later.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >