I first started making this in the 1950's when I needed to feed many mouths on a budget. My husband and I are empty nesters now and I've had a hard time cutting back on serving sizes. It's a good thing my husband likes leftovers.—Alice Marie Caldera, Tuolumne, California
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Place macaroni in a greased 4-qt. baking dish; top with mixed vegetables and beef mixture. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over meat. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Noodle Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p237
Reviews for Hamburger Noodle Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Taco Pie >