Hamburger Minestrone Recipe
Any kind of convenient frozen mixed vegetables and any type of small pasta will work well in this dish.
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 324 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,427 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC