Any kind of convenient frozen mixed vegetables and any type of small pasta will work well in this dish.
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Minestrone in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p40
Reviews for Hamburger Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review