- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, macaroni, vegetables, water, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Macaroni Skillet
"I have been making this for 40 years. I substitute beef broth for the water."
"I am making this right now. I added onion soup mix and chicken broth instead of water. Very easy to make."
"I followed the recipe exactly. I was very disappointed and would not make again. I don't know if there wasn't enough liquid to properly cook the noodles, but the noodles turned out gummy. Also the overall flavor was too sweet."
"This recipe is quick, easy and delish! Had unexpected company and whipped this together with some hot rolls, very good!"
"I dont like the tomato soup in it so i exchanged a 2 cans tomato sauce and and can of diced tomatoes drained ( i usually use a can of ROTEL diced tomatoes and Green chiles but didnt have any) I added fresh Hatch NM Green Chiles....delicious!"