Hamburger Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, combine cheese and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and cayenne; remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain macaroni and stir into beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 396 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Hamburger Macaroni Casserole
"It tasted pretty good before I put it in the oven, but it seems to lose some of its flavor as it baked."