Working full-time and attending school part-time leaves me little time for fancy meals. My family enjoys hearty helpings of this casserole, alongside a salad, bread and dessert.—Dawn Farris, Pekin, Illinois
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, combine cheese and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and cayenne; remove from the heat.
- Drain macaroni and stir into beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Hot Dish in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p46
Reviews for Hamburger Macaroni Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review