Hamburger Mac Skillet
This recipe makes just the right amount for my husband and me. I like the idea of cooking it all in one pan, and a touch of Worcestershire sauce adds a distinctive taste.
-Barbara Kemmer, Rohnert Park, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomato juice, macaroni, Worcestershire sauce, salt and
- pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20
- minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,620 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.