Hamburger Mac Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Add the tomato juice, macaroni, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1620mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Hamburger Mac Skillet
"Was ok and that was after I added a lot of spices and cheese.."
"I found this a little salty. Next time I think I will cut the salt in half. My husband said it was fine though. I enjoyed the overall dish though...nice, simple and tasty!"
"I had to improvise and use V8 juice instead of tomato juice. I also added some shredded sharp and pizza cheese. My children loved it!"
"instead of using the plain tomato sauce...i had a can of meatloaf sauce from a certain maker. ..already has green peppers ect in it...used garlic powder...it turned out pretty good...we used to call something like this "goulash" i love how noodles absorb the tomato sauce...yummy"
"Pros - Easy, one skillet, actually makes enough for three. Cons - little bland, I added some Italian Seasoning but it was still missing "something" - next time I will add some mushrooms and some mini pepperoni"