Hamburger Hot Dish Recipe
"With a tossed green salad, this ground beef casserole makes an easy and delightful meal," notes Dee Eastman of Fairfield Glade, Tennessee. You won't mind when your family asks for seconds, because the satisfying supper dish costs a mere 87 cents per serving.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, gravy, onion and garlic powder. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 346 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC