Hamburger Hot Dish
Working full-time and attending school part-time leaves me little time for fancy meals. My family enjoys hearty helpings of this casserole, alongside a salad, bread and dessert.Dawn Farris, Pekin, Illinois
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In
- a large saucepan, combine cheese and milk. Cook and stir over
- medium-low heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir
- in the beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and cayenne; remove from
- the heat.
- Drain macaroni and stir into beef mixture. Transfer to a greased
- 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and stir mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10
- minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 396 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 621 mg sodium,