"With a tossed green salad, this ground beef casserole makes an easy and delightful meal," notes Dee Eastman of Fairfield Glade, Tennessee. You won't mind when your family asks for seconds, because the satisfying supper dish costs a mere 87 cents per serving.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, gravy, onion and garlic powder. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Hot Dish in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p37
Reviews for Hamburger Hot Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review