Start supper with Tammy Ellis’ savory, au jus Hamburger Hoagies. This busy Boardman, Oregon mom juggles a full-time job with community and church activities plus her kids’ sports schedules. She's learned to make the most of a few handy ingredients and convenience items that cut time in the kitchen. “My family fell in love with these sandwiches the very first time I made them,” she says.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef au jus gravy, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine beef and seasoned salt. Shape into four 7-in. x 2-1/2-in. oval-shaped patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat juices run clear.
- Spread cream cheese over cut side of buns. Place a hamburger patty on each bun bottom; replace bun tops. Serve with au jus gravy for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Hoagies in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p18
Reviews for Hamburger Hoagies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review