Hamburger Hoagie Recipe
Why rely on ho-hum lunch meat for a hoagie sandwich when you can fill yours with hot and hearty ground beef? Football Sundays wouldn't be the same without this treat. - Debbie Guntz, Collegeville, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 slices process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread or Italian bread
- Additional process cheese (Velveeta) slices, optional
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, cheese, onion, bouillon and garlic powder. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and cheese is melted. Cut the bread in half widthwise and lengthwise. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spoon meat mixture into bottom halves of bread. Top with additional cheese if desired, green pepper and tomato. Replace bread tops. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,168 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Hamburger Hoagie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC