Traditional hash recipes call for potatoes, but this version uses rice with terrific results. Busy folks like this recipe's short ingredient list and quick preparation time.Rose Marie Shebetka, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 ServingsPrep: 5 min: Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add soup, water and rice; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 3
To steam broccoli to serve with Hamburger Hash, place broccoli florets in a steamer basket over 1-inch of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover; steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and toss with a little butter or margarine.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.