Hamburger Hash Browns Recipe
Our three young children keep me very busy. So I need dishes that are quick to cook and, most importantly, that the kids will eagerly eat. This recipe meets those criteria.—Lois Oligmueller, West Point, Nebraska
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine hash browns, oil and pepper. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in gravy mix and water. Add vegetables and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and half of the onions. Spoon into the potato shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Hash Browns
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2013
"I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. Tastes even better the next day. Love it!"
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"Awsome. Loved it!"
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2011
"It was easy to make and great for little ones, but adults thought it needed more flavor. I'd doctor it upnext time!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC