Hamburger Hash Browns Recipe
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine hash browns, oil and pepper. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in gravy mix and water. Add vegetables and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and half of the onions. Spoon into the potato shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
When making Hamburger Hash Browns, you can use 1 cup of prepared gravy (homemade or purchased) instead of the gravy mix and 1 cup water.
Reviews for Hamburger Hash Browns
"I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. Tastes even better the next day. Love it!"
"Awsome. Loved it!"
"It was easy to make and great for little ones, but adults thought it needed more flavor. I'd doctor it upnext time!"