- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occassionally. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Gravy
Sort By :
"I actually thought this recipe was too simple to be very good, but I was wrong! A quick and easy meal (we poured it over biscuits and mashed potatoes)."
"06/16/2015, Very good! Doubled the recipe for my family of five. Only used one can of mushrooms for double recipe. Added onion and garlic to meat while frying. Also added cayenne and crushed red pepper to taste. Wanted more spice but not more salt. And added a extra cup of milk to double recipe. 06/19/2015, did same today but added a cream of celery soup and green bell pepper to hamburger too."
"We enjoyed this dish very much. When I browned the meat I added chopped onions and garlic salt. I will definitely make this again."
"I really liked the "bones" of this recipe in that it sounded simple and filling, however, I knew this would not feed my family of 3 teenagers! i did use 1# 93% lean hamburger, 1 can health smart soup, added 2 cans of mushrooms, 1 cup Greek yogurt, a little extra bouillion, frozen peas, fresh cracked pepper and fresh parsley. Instead of mashed potatoes I served the "gravy" over baked potatoes. The result was great and filling. Will definitely make again and serve with a salad.I think the recipe would have been a little bland without the adjustments."
"Made it and served it over homemade biscuits. Very good!!! and super easy!"