For an old-fashioned stick-to-your-ribs meal, try this economical entree that's just 89¢ a helping. "As a newlywed, I was so grateful to my mom for sharing this easy recipe," notes Sandy McKenzie of Braham, Minnesota. "My husband enjoys this no matter how often I serve it."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occassionally. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Gravy in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p13
Reviews for Hamburger Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review