For an old-fashioned stick-to-your-ribs meal, try this economical entree that's just 89¢ a helping. "As a newlywed, I was so grateful to my mom for sharing this easy recipe," notes Sandy McKenzie of Braham, Minnesota. "My husband enjoys this no matter how often I serve it."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring occassionally. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 461 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,412 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.