Hamburger Goulash Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, sugar, salt, mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles or potatoes. Yield: 6 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 431 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.