Hamburger Florentine Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, chopped
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except spinach; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- 2. Add spinach; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Stir to blend spinach into soup. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 10-12 serving (14 cups).
1 cup: 120 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Hamburger Florentine Soup
"I loved this soup. Easy to make and quick. I used ditalini noodles instead of potatoes."