I created this recipe one day after wondering why chicken was often stuffed with ham and cheese but not other meats. I tried it with hamburger and added seasoned bread crumbs for just the right touch. -Lee Deneau, Lansing, Michigan
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 thin slice fully cooked ham, halved
- 2 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and red onion and tomato slices, optional
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Place a half slice of ham and two half slices of cheese on two patties. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal. Coat both sides of burgers with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Croquettes in Reminisce Extra October 2002, p52
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Hamburger Croquettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review