I created this recipe one day after wondering why chicken was often stuffed with ham and cheese but not other meats. I tried it with hamburger and added seasoned bread crumbs for just the right touch. -Lee Deneau, Lansing, Michigan
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 thin slice fully cooked ham, halved
- 2 slices process American cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and red onion and tomato slices, optional
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Place a half slice of ham and two half slices of cheese on two patties. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges to seal. Coat both sides of burgers with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Croquettes in Reminisce Extra October 2002, p52
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Hamburger Croquettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2011
"Tasted somewhat bland to me even after I added extra seasonings. My boyfriend liked them though :)"