- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Red and green liquid or paste food coloring
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 80 vanilla wafers (about 12 ounces)
- 40 chocolate-coated mint cookies (about 12 ounces)
- Divide frosting into two bowls; add red food coloring to one bowl. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add green food coloring and shake to coat.
- Frost the bottoms of 40 vanilla wafers with white frosting; set aside. Frost the bottoms of remaining wafers with red frosting. Sprinkle coconut over red frosting; top with a chocolate cookie. Place white-frosted wafers, frosting side down, on top of cookies. Squeeze wafers together, forming sandwich cookies, and invert. Yield: 40 cookies.
Reviews for Hamburger Cookies
Sort By :
"These are a hit with kids AND adults! Make a great tail gaiting snack. Also great using small peppermint patties for the burger. Great when kept cool in the ice chest!"
"I failed to mention in my other review that I brushed the tops with some corn syrup and sprinkled sesame seeds on top. Makes them took more like sesame seed buns."
"Not only are they cute but really make a hit with children."