Just like Darlene Brenden's Caramel Apple Bites (see recipe finder), Pat Carter shares a sweet treat children can help create. "My daughters and I form an assembly line to put these 'sandwich' cookies together," she reveals from Clearwater, Florida. "We have lots of fun, and the cookies taste great."
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Red and green liquid or paste food coloring
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 80 vanilla wafers (about 12 ounces)
- 40 chocolate-coated mint cookies (about 12 ounces)
- Divide frosting into two bowls; add red food coloring to one bowl. Place coconut in a resealable plastic bag; add green food coloring and shake to coat.
- Frost the bottoms of 40 vanilla wafers with white frosting; set aside. Frost the bottoms of remaining wafers with red frosting. Sprinkle coconut over red frosting; top with a chocolate cookie. Place white-frosted wafers, frosting side down, on top of cookies. Squeeze wafers together, forming sandwich cookies, and invert. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Hamburger Cookies in Country Woman September/October 1997, p10
Reviews for Hamburger Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review