Hamburger Chop Suey Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- CHOP SUEY:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and bouillon; stir in water and soy sauce until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, celery, mushrooms, peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and spinach.
- 3. Stir reserved sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Hamburger Chop Suey
"I wasn't to sure about this recipe, but I decided to try it. It was very good! I didn't use the mushrooms because my family doesn't care for them. It was full a flavor! I will be making this one again!"