Hamburger Chop Suey Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- CHOP SUEY:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger and bouillon; stir in water and soy sauce until blended. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the beef, celery, mushrooms, peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain. Stir in the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and spinach.
- Stir reserved sauce mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Hamburger Chop Suey
Sort By :
I wasn't to sure about this recipe, but I decided to try it. It was very good! I didn't use the mushrooms because my family doesn't care for them. It was full a flavor! I will be making this one again!
This was pretty blan. It definately needed more seasoning. We probably won't have it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >