- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, chilies and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Place half the tortilla chips in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer half of the meat mixture and half of the Monterey Jack cheese over the tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Chilaquiles
Sort By :
Since the tortilla chips didn't stay crispy (I really didn't think they would), I will make this again with corn tortillas across the bottom of the pan. The tomato/hamburger sauce was a little runny. Maybe I would drain one can of the tomatoes instead of leaving both undrained. It had a good flavor, though.
Awesome recipe! Just like I remember, except for the hamburger, which makes it more of a lunch or dinner (at least in my opinion). To make true Chilaquiles (for breakfast), I left out the hamburger and added an additional 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (with green chiles) and served with eggs. You're right, they are delicious! This is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >