The name is pronounced "chee-la-KEE-lays"...whenever I make it, friends and family pronounce it "delicious"!—Karen Medford, East Camden, Arkansas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tortilla chips
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, chilies and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Place half the tortilla chips in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer half of the meat mixture and half of the Monterey Jack cheese over the tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Chilaquiles in Country Ground Beef 1993, p89
Reviews for Hamburger Chilaquiles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review