Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt if desired and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Casserole(34)
Sort By :
I added garlic for the extra zap of flavor. I liked the idea of only using one pot. It was a convenient and easy meal.
Very Good and easy to make! Large recipe, next time I will cut it in half.
I always prepare a recipe as written. this one didn't say to brown the beef first, so I just put it in the pan. since it was cooked on top of the stove I thought that was the way to cook it.. Next time I try it I will precook the beef first. I will also add some more vegetables.
This is one of my favorite childhood recipes. We called it "Missouri" (aka. "misery" by my dad).
My mom used to make this for my family in Indiana when we were kids but she used carrots and no water but put the hamburger on top and then slightly diluted a can of mushroom soup and poured over it. And no tomatoes. It was really good and I have made it for my family and now making it for the grandkids.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >