Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt if desired and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Casserole(9)
Sort By :
My family enjoyed this meal. It's simple, healthy and quick to prepare. Nine times out of ten, you will have all the items in your kitchen to prepare this one; even if you have to substitue an item or two.
I was short on time so I used a boxed scalloped potato mix instead of cutting up potatoes. I added the sauce mix to the boiling water . It tasted fantastic.
I love this recipe, however I always add a layer of peeled, thinly sliced carrots and bake it in a 350 oven for 90 minutes. I usually leave it covered for the first hour and then uncover for the last 30 minutes. I like to serve it with buttered peas and fresh baked bread or rolls. We live on the farm and during harvest this is a favorite standby because you can reduce the oven to warm, cover and hold until the harvest crew comes in.
I found this recipe a little too plain. I followed the recipe exactly and found it too runny so I thickened the juice because I did not want soup.
Good, simple comfort food. Easy to make and a great warmer-upper for a cold winter night.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >