Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to keep hunger pangs at bay until dinner's ready!Marvel Maki, Ponca City, Oklahoma
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- Corn chips
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook beef and salt over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese; cook and stir until cheese is
- melted. Add tomatoes and broccoli; mix well. Serve with chips.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 201 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.