Hamburger and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds uncooked extra lean ground beef or ground round (90% lean)
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes.
- 2. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 314 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Hamburger and Potato Casserole
"The dutch oven is somewhere in the shed, so I used a casserole dish and baked this recipe at 350 for an hour. i sprinkled cheese on top and returned the dish to the oven for ten more minutes. My husband really enjoyed it, he said it was just like Hobo stew that his family makes while campling."