This recipe is such a hit it's "traveled" all over the country! My mother originated the recipe in Pennsylvania...I brought it to Texas when I married...I'm still making it in California...and my daughter treats her friends to this "oldie" in Colorado.
- 2 pounds uncooked extra lean ground beef or ground round (90% lean)
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Casserole in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p142
Reviews for Hamburger and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review