Hambalaya Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onions in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the ham, sausage and green pepper mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Hambalaya Corn Bread
"very easy just used ham no sausage"
"This is a great cornbread recipe, we just add a salad and you have a whole meal. Thanks"