Hambalaya Corn Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onions in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the ham, sausage and green pepper mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 10-in. ovenproof skillet or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 286 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Hambalaya Corn Bread
"very easy just used ham no sausage"
"This is a great cornbread recipe, we just add a salad and you have a whole meal. Thanks"