Ham with Vegetables Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cut fresh green beans
- 4 medium carrots, halved widthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- 1. Place cooking rack in pressure cooker. Add the potatoes, beans, carrots, broth, onion and salt. Place ham over vegetables. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- 2. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 4 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 291 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 1,021 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Ham with Vegetables
"I thought this was great. I browned chopped onion in the bottom of my pan first and had to leave out the salt because of family diets but it was quick and easy and a one pan meal!"
"I love to make this because it's as good as it is quick and easy. A family favorite!"
"Great, quick meal! This'll be a definite keeper, especially in the summer with garden-fresh green beans. So simple to throw into the pressure cooker. Thanks!"
"Very easy and FANTASTIC!! My hubby loved it which makes it even better."