"There isn't a quicker complete meal than this one—it takes just minutes in the pressure cooker," confides Ernestine Beoughter of Lawrenceville, Illinois. "The ham and vegetables turn out tender and delicious. This has been a favorite for years, especially with tiny new potatoes and fresh-from-the-garden green beans."
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cut fresh green beans
- 4 medium carrots, halved widthwise
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 1 pound)
- Place cooking rack in pressure cooker. Add the potatoes, beans, carrots, broth, onion and salt. Place ham over vegetables. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 4 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham with Vegetables in Country Woman March/April 2001, p40
Reviews for Ham with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review