Ham with Sweet Pineapple Sauce Recipe
My mom always finds ways to make good foods taste even more special. A great example is this ham served with a sweet pineapple sauce. A simple mixture of basic ingredients results in a mouthwatering main dish. -Debra Falkiner, St. Charles, Missouri
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pineapple sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the ham. Yield: 16-24 servings (3 cups sauce).
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 133 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC