Ham with Sweet Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (4 to 6 pounds)
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups undrained crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pineapple sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the ham. Yield: 16-24 servings (3 cups sauce).
4 ounce-weight: 133 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Ham with Sweet Pineapple Sauce
"Excellent! Made it exactly as written. Will use this recipe again!"
"Excellent sauce to serve with ham. Wouldn't change a thing."
"I have been using this recipe for the Pineapple Sauce for a number of years now. It is sweet and savory and ham just isn't the same without it."